AJ Accounting and Tax Services are committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our clients. Please contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed
- Child – a natural person under 16 years of age
- We/us – AJ Accounting and Tax Services
2. Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is carried out with minimal data. We will only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data, and the integrity and confidentiality of data.
3. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the data collected. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of any Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
4. Data We Gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, contact number, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for us to deliver our services or to enhance your customer experience. We save the information you provide us with in order to contact you and to invoice you for services provided.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information such as your IP address that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools to improve your customer experience. When you look at the contents of our website, your activities (but not your personal data) may be logged.
Publicly available information
We not display any information about you that is publicly available aside from customer comments which we add to our Clients page. These will have been provided by you as a client for this sole purpose with your approval.
5. How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes providing you with products and services that you have requested; communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services
- Enhance your customer experience
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you
- To provide you with a service or to inform you of a related service
- To communicate with you for sales or invoicing
On the grounds of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalised offers where applicable
- To administer our client base in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of services offered and provided
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you services that are similar or the same as your purchasing history to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you invoices for services provided
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
6. Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers or third parties.
7. How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
9. Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
- to measure visitor traffic to our website and their usage patterns
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests
- to speed up your searches
- to recognise you when you return to our website.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in forms so that you don’t have to re-enter this information next time.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
10. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
AJ Accounting and Tax Services
34 Pairc na Habhainn, Edgeworthstown, Longford
Phone: 043 667 1872
Last updated: 23/05/2018
Disclaimer of warranties
You acknowledge and agree the following Terms & Conditions:
- Your use of this website is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- You are advised to safeguard important data, to use caution and to not rely in any way on the correct functioning or performance of the service.
- Information published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that AJ Accounting and Tax Services may alter the information on its web site from time to time.
- AJ Accounting and Tax Services have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. AJ Accounting and Tax Services does not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. AJ Accounting and Tax Services exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.